Thank you to Sarah for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award (over a month ago, but I’ve been behind on blogging lately). Sarah is an avid reader who talks about books spanning diverse genres. One of my favorite reads this year was Red, White & Royal Blue – a book that I first heard about through Sarah’s blog!
Rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Sarah’s questions (and my answers):
- Do you listen to any podcasts? If so, what are your favorites? YES, I love podcasts! My top two favorites are Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me (a funny news-based quiz show from NPR) and By The Book (where hosts Jolenta Greenberg and Kristen Meinzer live by self-help books and reflect on whether or not they actually helped).
- Do you genre hop when you read or do you tend to stick to the same genres? I try to genre hop!
- What’s the best movie you’ve watched so far this year? I have only watched like two movies this year, but I really enjoyed Always Be My Maybe!
- 2019 release you’re most excited about reading? Hmmmm…maybe Frankly in Love by David Yoon.
- What’s your favorite way to treat yourself? Once a week or so, I like to treat myself by getting a fancy coffee (such as a malted cold brew or latte) before work. Once a month or so, I like to get my nails done. And I try to sleep in a bit on weekends.
- Describe your ideal home in as much or as little detail as you’d like! Big kitchen with lots of counter space; enough room for four cats.
- Favorite snack? So…the snacks I most commonly eat are: toast, vanilla oat milk, olives, and cheese. But my absolute favorite snacks are the ones that I don’t actually buy (because I know that it would be disastrous for my health to have them in my apartment). Those are hot cheetos, dark chocolate cookie butter cups, white cheddar popcorn, and dried mangos (If you are thinking “but dried mangos are healthy” – not the way that I eat them).
- What’s your favorite kind of weather? I love a sunny, crisp day in the 40’s or 50’s (Fahrenheit).
- Favorite book you read as a child? I absolutely loved Harry Potter, and read certain books in the series over 5 times.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? My favorite thing about myself is that I am kind (or at least try really hard to be as much as possible).
- Are you a pumpkin person? In desserts – yes. In my coffee – absolutely not.
My questions for you:
- Do you find it easy to advocate for yourself?
- Do you consider yourself to be a risk-taker?
- What do you want to do before the end of 2019?
- Do you enjoy the winter holiday season? Why or why not?
- If you could pick up any new hobby or habit in 2020 (and it would definitely stick) – what would you choose?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Describe a time when you faced a fear.
- Do you prefer text, phone calls, emails, or face-to-face communication? Or something else?
- Are you easily embarrassed? What types of situations embarrass you?
- How do you think you have changed over the past five years?
- What is your favorite quote?
Okay, so I know this is kind of a cop-out…but I nominate anybody who is reading this and wants to participate! If you decide to participate, please let me know so I can see your answers! Or, if you want to participate but don’t want to publish your answers as a post – let me know some of your answers in the comments!