February is officially over and, even though it was only 29 days, it seemed to stretch on forever! I felt this way about January, as well, so now I wonder if winter months always seem to last forever in colder places? Or maybe it was because of the extra day in the leap year? I don’t know, but I hope that March won’t drag on the way the past two months did. Anyway, I read six books and cooked and baked some things during this seemingly endless month!
- Mobituaries by Mo Rocca – 4 stars out of 5 [review]
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney – 5 stars out of 5 [review]
- Lot by Bryan Washington – 4 stars out of 5 [review]
- Stubborn Archivist by Yara Rodrigues Fowler – 3 stars of 5 [review]
- Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow – 4.5 stars out of 5 [review]
- And I Do Not Forgive You by Amber Sparks – 3 stars out of 5 [review soon]
Books in progress/goals for March:
I haven’t started anything new yet! The Women’s Prize for Fiction longlist will be announced tomorrow, though, so my reading goal for March (and April and May) will be to read all the books on the list. I can’t wait!
Notable blog posts:
A few of my favorite blog posts from February were:
- ECBC Manchester’s post about learning to make time for yourself
- Ashley Leia’s take on the practice of “colon cleanses” as a wellness trend
- And Aho’s recipe for sweet cottage cheese pierogi!
Favorite quote of the month:
“The thing about slow learners is they do eventually learn.” – Bryan Washington, Lot.